Introduction to Westlaw UK and Lexis+ (in-person) In-Person
What does this session cover?
Westlaw and Lexis+ are key databases for legal research in the UK. At this hands-on session you will learn how to find the legal materials you will need during the course of your studies and research. At this session we will focus on:
• accessing the databases
• understanding the differences between the databases and what is included
• finding UK case law
• finding UK legislation
• finding UK legal journal articles
• accessing the foreign and international law content of the databases
At the session you will have the opportunity to use the databases and have a go at some practice research questions.
Who may attend?
All IALS Library academic members are welcome to attend this session. It is essential that you have a current library card as you will need your IALS Library barcode number or SASCard number to book a place and enter the library. If you do not know your barcode number, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not a member of IALS Library, see our website: Joining IALS Library - Access for Academic Users
- Tuesday, November 21, 2023
- 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- Computer & Training Room, IALS Library, Charles Clore House, 17 Russell Square, London, WC1B 5DR
- IALS Library